Tuesday 27 February 2018

Get To Know Introverts


Hello internet, today we're going to talk about introvert. As I'm growing up, I started to know myself more and I figured out that I am actually an introvert. I think knowing yourself is a really important thing because growing up you might find you losing yourself. So, what is an introvert? People are mentally separated into few groups, which are introverts (a kind of person who is less outgoing), extroverts (a kind of person who is extremely outgoing) and ambiverts (a mixture of extroverts and introverts). Let an introvert tells you what is an introvert.

The society have a certain stereotype or misunderstanding towards introverts. Many people thought introvert is a kind of mental illness which hate people and socializing. NO, we introverts don't hate people nor socializing. We can be sociable, but too much socializing will drain our energy, we find socializing really tiring. I do find socializing exhausting too, when I come back from classes or anywhere, I will be really tired and really appreciate to have an alone time to recharge. It will be okay to have people around when I'm recharging but just don't talk to me. You wouldn't find me in crowded and noisy places like concert or party, because I really cannot stand crowd, and when there is crowd there must be conversation, or small talk, and this is where our energy started to drain, sometimes you just can't avoid talking to people, and I hate small talk, small talk is the most awkward thing ever. (So that's why I avoid saying hi to not-so-close-friends when I saw them) That is also why I don't go to famous or internet hyped restaurants which need to queue in a long queue and eat in an environment full of people chit-chatting, luckily I don't have too much claims toward food.

Next, introvert is a deep thinker. We think a lot about one thing, we think before speak, doing certain action and making certain decision so we are good at planning. And this makes us hate sudden plan hahaha. I hate sudden plan, invitation that comes one day before the actual event I usually reject it. Any sudden plan that will mess up my plan is not welcomed in my schedule. I need time to prepare myself before going to somewhere, not only about preparing my outfit also prepare myself mentally, so the best time range to invite an introvert is one week before the actual day. :D And sometime when I have accepted the invitation but when the actual day comes, I regret. ._. Video call is also a thing that need to be planned or alert earlier, if you video call me in sudden, I'll usually hang up. :D Because video call is as awkward as small talk, I have to plan what to talk to you because looking at each other face to face with no conversation is awkward af. And to send invitation to an introvert, it's best to text instead of calling, because you might never reach them by calling them, because they will hang up your call as they don't like phone calling, :D

If you're an introvert don't be insecure or hide yourself, just tell your friends or people around you about what you are comfortable with and what you're not. When you need alone time just turn off your notifications, grab a tea, your cosy blanket, grab your favourite book or turn on your favourite movie and enjoy your recharging time! When you don't feel like hanging out, just tell your friends, there is no need to force yourself to be sociable. We're not incomplete. we're just having a different way of dealing things compare to extroverts. For people who have introvert friends, care about them but please leave them alone sometimes when they need it, too much staying together time will stress  them out. Please leave them to make their choices, when they say no, then just leave them be, forcing them to be an extrovert will never be a good thing. You have to understand that when they don't join your friends doesn't mean that they hate your friends, it's just that they don't enjoy socializing with a huge group of people, they do enjoy talking to you, and introverts love deep conversation.

This post might not be really specific because I'm not a professional psychologist, the things that I stated are only my personal experiences, that might helps you to know how an introverts deal with things and how we think. If you don't know which category you're in, you can search up on YouTube, there are many videos that state a lot of professional facts about introverts, extroverts and ambiverts or you can do test online to know which one you are. And I'll see you in another time, bye. xx. :P 🌻

No comments:

Post a Comment